Tuesday, January 31, 2017

To the 7th generation that will inherit this world.



I hope all of you will have a peaceful and relaxing life.
A time with an abundance of food and fresh water.
I hope you will not have many hardships and strife.
I bet you everything will be easier for you with advances in technologies.
I hope you will live longer with better healthcare.
Your generation will look back in history and ask yourself what is the measles?
I hope you will not have to worry about the future and be scared.
Scared of what the future will hold for you and your loved ones.
I hope you will finally be able to make our distrust for each other fade.
A time where the differences we had constructed will be a thing of the past.
I hope you will forgive us for the mess that we made.
You will most likely not have what I mentioned above.
I am sorry you must fix the issues that we caused.
The divide that our governments created separate each other.
I am sorry you must put all your dreams on pause.
So you can fix our pollution and tear down our walls.
I am sorry we have failed to give you a brighter future.
We were too busy fighting among ourselves to realize what we had.
I am sorry we took away your chance to go on your own adventures.
We dug a deep hole and now we need you to dig us back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment