Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Fading Away

We let our melodies sing loud and clear
But deep down, you are fading away
And soon, silence was all I can hear
I worked up the courage to ask you that day
And the horrifying news that is to come next
Your melody had already started to fade
And now everyday I get is a short text
But the pain on your face is like shade
I spent countless nights researching your condition
I was delusional to think that I can find a cure
But all I can find was how to give you the proper nutrition
My constant worrying has made me unsure
Yet you lay there on the hospital bed with a smile
Even in your condition, you are still trying to let your melody be heard
Maybe it is me that was deaf to your melodic trial
My priorities had been blurred
The melodies I hear is more than just your love
It is our memories and views toward our life choices
Watching you sit there playing with our little dove
Makes me want to sing you a symphony with all our voices

No comments:

Post a Comment